Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 806A diaphragm repair

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member westend9's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 3rd, 2007
    Posts
    296
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was wondering if it is possible to repair the small duaphagm leads on the 806A driver. They seem to be made from brass or brass alloy. Does one replace the whole lead with a new wire and does this effect the impedance of the driver?

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    806A diaphragm repair


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi- common problem.

    They are however beryllium.

    Do a search of the board, it has been discussed several times, search function in box at top right of page.

    Any remaining questions please post.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dgwojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It can be done, just takes the correct materials and patience, at least if you fail you can always get a new pair from GPA, Dave.

    Click here;Audiokarma

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ April 09, 2008 08:18 PM: Message edited by: dgwojo ]</font>

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member Ronald Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OT: I also have an 806. How long does the 'phram last?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jnorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a couple of 288 diaphragms that I pulled from my 604's with the same problem. I thought about "fixing" them until I checked on the price of new ones from GPA. It was a no brainer! I am enjoying my new ones.

    Jim N

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.